Impact of Domestic Violence
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To improve your ability to safeguard children affected by domestic violence.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Specify how domestic violence impacts on parenting capacity
- List the silencing factors for parents
- Describe how domestic violence impacts on children development
- State the issues facing parents & children leaving violent relationships, including risks relating to separation and contact
- Identify options for responding positively to domestic violence
- Describe the Kirklees referral processes including for MARAC and the local services available