Lessons Learned: Using Reviews to Prevent Serious Harm to Children
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To understand the different types of safeguarding reviews and how practitioners can use the lessons that have been identified to prevent child deaths and serious harm.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Outline the different types of reviews that can be used to learn lessons in safeguarding children
- Identify issues raised in both local and national serious case reviews
- List the different factors affecting infant mortality in Kirklees including Sudden Infant Death in Children (SUDiC)
- Transfer the lessons learned from reviews into your everyday practice
- Describe changes to local polices and practice as a result of reviews
- Recognise the emotional impact that serious case reviews have on those involved, colleagues, managers and the general public