Harmful Sexual Behaviour
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To support practitioners in responding appropriately to harmful sexual behaviour
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Describe sexual development in 0-18
- Define healthy sexual behaviour and recognise inappropriate sexually harmful behaviour
- Consider the needs of the young person displaying the harmful sexual behaviour as well as their victims
- Understand the range of responses available including where a criminal response is appropriate
- Develop an appropriate risk management plan for young people displaying harmful sexual behaviour