Introduction to Child Neglect
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
It is strongly recommended that Working Together to Safeguard Children is completed first.
To enable practitioners to better identify neglect and understand its impact on children and young people
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- List the various types of neglect and its implications for child development
- Describe the different levels of intervention in relation to neglect
- Describe the impact that neglect has on children at different stages of their development
- Explore attachment theory and why understanding attachment is important to understanding neglect
- Explore the issues relating to Black and Ethnic Minority families and disabled children