Forced Marriage, Female Genital Mutilation & Honour Based Violence
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To enable better detection and protection of children and adults at risk of Honour Based Violence (HBV), Forced Marriage or FGM.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Define Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and FGM
- Summarise the legal context
- Identify children and adults at risk of Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and FGM
- Describe the barriers to seeking help and service provision
- Take appropriate action when a disclosure is made regarding fear of or actual Honour Based Violence or Forced Marriage or FGM
- Discuss local and national case examples of good practice