Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
This course aims to increase participants’ knowledge of safeguarding issues in relation to new technology.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the opportunities and risks of the digital world
- State where and how to report abuses
- Identify where an Online safety issue becomes a safeguarding issue
- Produce (or improve) their own organisations Online safety policies and procedures
- Explain where to get publications and resources to use and distribute, including practical materials that can be used with children