Safeguarding Skills for Managers
Date & Time:
Please note that this is a 2-day course and you will need to attend both dates specified listed
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
This course is for those in a managerial role and is suitable for head teachers
To equip managers with the skills needed to: provide safeguarding supervision to staff; manage allegations made against staff and use safer recruitment processes.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Define safeguarding supervision and its core functions
- Apply models of critical reflection to safeguarding practice
- Describe the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Use the managing allegations against staff protocol
- Identify the key features of the safer recruitment process which help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people and adopt policies and practices which support this
- Explain when a DBS and/or a Vetting and Barring Check is required