Young People and Substance Misuse
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To provide professionals with knowledge and skills in working with young people who may be affected by substance use
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Identify different stages of substance misuse in young people
- Understand how to respond to substance misuse in young people
- Identify some of the trends in substance use in young people locally
- List some of the risks around substance use for young people
- Understand the harm reduction approach and be able to provide basic safety advice to young people who may be using substances
- Identify different vulnerabilities in relation to substance misuse and young people
- Use CGL’s substance misuse Screening Tool
- Refer and signpost YP who are affected by substance misuse