Impact of Parental Substance Misuse
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To enable practitioners to better safeguard children where parental substance misuse is an issue.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Assess when substance misuse becomes a child protection issue
- Describe the effect substance misuse has on parenting capacity and the short and long term effects on children
- List the effects different substances have in pregnancy
- Look at relevance of safeguarding procedures
- Undertake risk assessments on and engage effectively with substance misusing parents