Sexual Abuse: Dispelling Myths & Reducing Risks
Date & Time:
Target Audience: This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To provide knowledge and skills in working with children and families affected by sexual abuse.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- State key legislation in relation to child sexual abuse.
- Recognise warning signs of sexual abuse
- Discuss the impact of sexual abuse on a child.
- Describe issues for non-abusing parents and carers.
- To explore appropriate responses to sexually harmful behaviour by use of assessment/intervention.
- Challenge the stereotypes relating to sex offenders