Impact of Parental Mental Health
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To enable staff from statutory and voluntary agencies to understand the impact of parental mental illness on the child.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the potential impact of mental illness on parenting ability and on children at different ages
- Risk assess parental mental illness keeping the child in focus
- Define mental health and children’s social care structures
- Work together effectively with families where parents have mental illness and other agencies
- Describe relevant KSCB procedures