Improving Assessments in Child Safeguarding
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To develop practitioners ability to conduct high quality, holistic safeguarding children assessments
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Define what makes a good assessment and identify areas for improvement in their own practice
- Accurately assess risk and protective factors
- Identify biases and common pitfalls in assessment practice
- Produce action plans which effectively reduce risks to children
- Challenge families (and where appropriate other professionals) in order to ensure children are better safeguarded
- Confidently engage in the Early Support Process