Reducing Parental Conflict Module 3 - Working with Parents in Conflict: How do I support, refer or intervene?
Date & Time:
This module is 3 of 4 delivered as part of the Reducing Parental Conflict programme and explores how to discuss parental conflict with parents. It focuses on practising the skills of handling conversations with parents in conflict using tools and techniques to enable parents to resolve destructive conflict with positive outcomes.
By the end of this half-day, skills-based workshop, participants will be able to:
• Identify the level of conflict encountered and describe the most appropriate support to offer
• Respond appropriately when parental conflict is identified
• Practice how to approach conversations that may arise around distressed relationships
• Know about the available local and national resources available to support parents whose relationship is in conflict
• Help parents to engage with these services, by being able to describe what they do and what the evidence shows us about long term outcomes for children
• Identify when to talk with your manager about possible domestic abuse and/or child safeguarding situations