Making a Positive Contribution to Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups
Date & Time:
Anyone working or volunteering in Kirklees who are likely to be asked to attend a child protection conference or core group to give information about a child or parent they may be working with. The course covers good practice and latest developments and is useful as a refresher for those who have been attending conferences and core groups for some time and have perhaps never received training.
To provide knowledge and skills in preparing for and making a positive contribution to child protection conferences and core groups.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and structure of a child protection conference and their role within it
- Demonstrate how to be an effective participant at a child protection conference using a strengthening families approach and other good practice issues
- Describe how core groups can keep children subject to a child protection plan safe from further harm
- Analyse information given in a child protection conference in order to accurately
- Produce a child protection plan that effectively addresses risk