Working Together to Safeguard Children
Date & Time:
Anyone working in Kirklees who are either the designated safeguarding person for their organisation or who work in a role with significant contact with children and young people and therefore would make direct referrals to children’s social care in the event of safeguarding concerns.
To improve our ability to work together to safeguard children.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
Define what safeguarding is and why they need to work together
- Identify when information can be shared in order to safeguard children
- Summarise the different levels of intervention that may be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- List good practice issues in safeguarding children
- Describe the impact of key parental issues on children
- Distinguish between an effective and non-effective referral and describe what happens following a referral