Child Sexual Exploitation for Practitioners
Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first.
To increase practitioners confidence in engaging and working with young people affected by Child Sexual Exploitation.
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Identify the potential barriers to engaging with young people affected by CSE
- Use different methods and tools to engage with young people
- Summarise how trauma and brain development can impact on a young person’s behaviour and affect their coping mechanisms
- Explain the Kirklees referral processes for CSE and the services that are available at different thresholds
- Consider the additional issues faced by boys, young people from a BME community or those with a disability