Date & Time:
This course is recommended for anyone who works with children, young people or their families.
As with all Advanced level courses, completion of Working Together to Safeguard Children is strongly recommended to be completed first. It would also be beneficial for you to complete the KSCB half day Introduction to Child Neglect course prior to attending too.
To enable practitioners to work more effectively to address child neglect
Learning Outcomes, by the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Use the Horwath Daily Lived Experience Model to ensure the Child is at at the centre of any work undertaken to address neglect
- Explain issues that may lead to neglectful parenting and appropriate ways to address these
- Analyse what works in relation to achieving the best outcomes in situations of neglect
- Explore the latest neuroscience research on the impact of child neglect
- Identify and use lessons from local and national serious case reviews to inform best practice
- Work more effectively to address child neglect by using theories of resilience, attachment and disguised compliance